December 10, 2015

10 Item Wardrobe- Pt 1


simplicity is best...

Lately this seems to be my catch phrase. Where clothing is concerned, I can't think of a better policy. Most of us have been in the same boat, having a closet full of clothes and yet we're still saying that tired phrase, "I have nothing to wear."


This, unfortunately, has been me for the past six months. But what is it that makes us so unsatisfied with our clothing? Are our clothes really fitting our personality and lifestyle? This is the question I asked myself. The simple answer was no.
For example, having over ten 1960s long sleeve polyester blouses was not practical for the warm climate of my hometown, which is normally between 80-90 degrees!
After watching this video on TED I decided it was time for an over-haul on my wardrobe!
The goal:
Have a simple, vintage, and manageable style. 
Create two 10 piece wardrobes, one for warm weather and one for cooler weather.   
My inspiration:

Mid-60s
French Pop Stars
Gidget


 



Plan of attack:
Purge! No ill fitted, unloved, worn-out item of clothing will remain in my closet. Sew and thrift for core items-- Consider: Does it fit well? Do I love it? Is it practical for me?

Lets see how it goes!

Does anyone else have any wardrobe tips? Or is anyone planning on doing an over-hall themselves? Share in the comments, we'd love to hear about it!


No comments:

Post a Comment